Running a business using a smartwatch is possible. These watches can have easy access to some of the smartphone apps so they can significantly simplify your day and your business.
Smartwatches are portable computers in the form of wristwatches that offer functions other than timekeeping. In general, they include the integration to your phone with access to some applications and, as additional functionality, they offer weather information, direction maps, among other alternatives.
They also incorporate different sensors for fitness and health tracking such as step counting and heart rate monitoring. For this reason, they are usually very popular with athletes.
10 advantages of a Smartwatch to start a business
1. Make and receive phone calls. Most of these types of watches can show incoming calls when connected to your smartphone.
2. Receive notifications. In a smartwatch you can manage a company with just one click. Access your company email, receive reminder notifications and use any type of messaging application using the different functions of your watch. And incredibly, this data can usually be seen and read completely on the screen.
3. Make payments. Another advantage of managing a business through a smart watch is that you simplify the time you used to make some type of payment. Applications such as Apple Pay, Android Pay, Garmin Pay, Samsung Pay or Fitbit Pay allow you to pay for any type of purchase using your watch. These mobile payment systems work with contactless payment readers so you can pay without your card or phone.
4. Find a phone, key or device. As you well know, losing a phone or keys is an extremely frustrating experience. It always seems to happen before some important occasion that we just can't be late! Fortunately, a smartwatch can make this inconvenience a thing of the past. Did you lose your phone? Just press a few buttons on your watch to locate it in seconds.
5. View Social Media Notifications Who doesn't want to see Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, SnapChat or other social notifications on their wrist? It is already a reality and a smart watch has that function, for some, essential.
6. Stay connected while doing outdoor activities or playing sports. When you're running, biking, swimming, or any other form of exercise, you may want to see your messages, calls, or notifications.
7. They keep you safe and healthy. Your smartwatch probably knows your body more than you do. You can track your sleep, heart rate, number of steps, etc.
8. They provide security and protection. The new smart watches have a feature called fall detection. If it detects a fall while wearing the watch, it sounds an alarm and displays an alert for help.
9. Longer battery life, compared to a phone. One of the biggest improvements that brands had to make with their first smartwatch models was increasing battery life. With so many features available, this device had trouble staying alive for long periods of time. Currently, there are models that can last up to 30 days.
10. Versatile designs. These watches typically include interchangeable bands and faces. From the boardroom to the gym, you won't have to worry about finding a watch that fits the context in which you find yourself.
You already know: if you are going to undertake some type of project, do not forget to include efficient technology to manage your business. Buying a smartwatch is a good option. What are you waiting for?