What are the best wines? Get to know this list of recognized labels and let yourself be carried away by their flavors. We also tell you where to buy wines in Mérida, what types of wine exist and how to choose them.
Going to work, dealing with traffic and bad news on the radio. Mealtime, picking up the children from school, attending to the needs of your company and home ... are some of the challenges that we bravely face every day; However, there are little pleasures that make existence smoother. Wine is one of them.
Enjoy life! Enjoy life in Yucatan! Health!
You may also like: 6 Places to go in Mérida if you prefer nightlife ...
Types of wine to pair with your favorite person ...
- Chardonnay. It is a medium to full bodied white wine that is grown all over the world.
- Riesling. It is the typical German wine. It is sweet and sour at first.
- Pinot Grigio. It is the quintessential Italian white, light, dry and refreshing.
- Sauvignon Blanc. Dry and crisp, it has citrus notes and herbaceous aromas.
- Cabernet Sauvignon. It is the jewel of the Napa Valley. It can be described as rich and robust.
- Pinot Noir. Soft and fruity, this red wine has aromas of red fruits.
- Syrah. It is a bold and rich wine. The Australian style of Syrah is known as Shiraz and it is much sweeter.
- Zinfandel. It is versatile and has a range of different styles.
- Malbec. Although its origin is French, it has been popularized by the Mendoza region in Argentina.
- Merlot. It is a popular wine in the growing regions of the western United States, while it remains one of the most prominent grapes in Bordeaux.
The best wines in Mérida, 10 essential labels with the endorsement of Robert Parker
Robert Parker is one of the world's most influential wine critics and his list is trending. These wines that you can already find in Mérida have obtained between 90 and 100 points.
1. Marqués de Murrieta Castillo Ygay Gran Reserva 1986. Spain
2. Alto del Moncayo 2007. Spain
3. Pedro Ximénez de Añada de Bodegas Alvear 2001. Spain
4. Markus Molitor Riesling 2013. Germany
5. Hubert De Bouard Chateau Au Vignoble. France
6. Chateaueuf Du Pape Les Cedres Paul Jaboulet. France
7. Fèlsina Chianti Classico Gran Selez. Cologne 2011. Italy
8. Ca 'Marcanda Bolgheri Camarcanda 2015. Italy
9. Zapata Adrianna Vineyard River Stones Malbec 2016. Mendoza
10. Gran Enemigo Single Vineyard Gualtallary 2013. Mendoza
Where to buy all these types of wine in Mérida?
Currently, wine is experiencing a golden age. Competition and an increasingly demanding market demand that the great denominations in the world produce high quality bottles and some of them are already within your reach. There are specialized stores where you can find labels from different countries. We know them!
- The European. In this store you will not only find the best types of wine. You can also get other types of drinks and Gourmet proposals.
- Cava del Duero. Like La Europea, it specializes in wines and different types of drinks around the world.
- Chedraui, Soriana or WalmartIn recent years, they have expanded their cellars and you can get labels from South American and European countries.
- Olive Enoteca. Here you will find the best wines of Mérida accompanied by an exquisite Italian menu. It is located in the historic center and has a list of more than 100 labels. Address: Calle 47 & Esquina con 54.
- Tannins. A classic of life in Yucatán. Specialized in wines and with an exquisite menu, it offers labels from all over the world. Address: Calle 20 x 23 y 25
5 Keys to choosing a bottle of wine
1. Look for wines that have flexibility. For example Bordeaux and Napa Cabernet pair very well with beef and strong flavors.
2. Good wine does not always mean expensive wine.
3. Explore new regions.
4. Buy white wines that are in the current vintage.
5. Buy aged red wines, as they are more aromatic and tasty when they have spent more time in the bottle.
El pilón: The best bottle of wine is the one shared with the right person. Choose well…
What are you waiting for to buy wines in Mérida? Start your new life in Yucatán!